HAMK’s international activities can be defined as collaboration between education, research, business and industry, and the surrounding society.
The central forms of HAMK international activities are:
- student and trainee mobility
- teacher and staff mobility
- English-taught programmes and courses
- internationalisation at home
- international education, research and development projects
- global education business
HAMK has around 100 partner universities in Europe and around twenty in Asia, North and South America, Russia and Africa.
In 2011 HAMK signed a strategic partnership agreement with Feevale University in Brazil and VIA University College in Denmark. There is cooperation at the strategic level in developing the universities and also joint activities in education and research. In May 2016 an international strategic alliance agreement was signed by all three universities.
In addition, HAMK has around ten double degree partners: while studying at HAMK students can also complete a degree at a university abroad.