These principles guide Häme University of Applied Sciences HAMK actions in advancing open science and research and, on a broader level, in developing the openness of education and other HAMK activities. The principles supplement the organizational filing plan. Compliance with the principles will be monitored and the principles updated when necessary.
Each member of the HAMK community is responsible for complying with good research ethics, the responsible conduct of research guidelines defined by the Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity TENK, the law, the contracts, and the guidelines given by HAMK.
- Everyone at HAMK is personally responsible for the legality and the ethicality of any material they produce.
- In case of thesis or R&D projects connected with studies, the supervisor makes sure that the student is familiar with the responsible conduct of research.
- The responsible director / project manager of a research project is responsible for good research ethics during the whole process.
- Each school is responsible for the implementation of these principles.
Häme University of Applied Sciences is committed to promoting the principles of open science and research and does so in collaboration with both national and international parties.
- The research data produced at HAMK and connected with published results is by default open and available for shared use.
- Research projects are required to make a data management plan which includes the principles of open data and takes into account the protection of confidential information, data security, privacy protection, and appropriate disposal of data, in accordance to legislation and HAMK guidelines.
- HAMK offers an infrastructure for research data management in collaboration with national and international parties. The infrastructure includes tools and services for searching, using, sharing, and describing data.
- HAMK staff is recommended to publish primarily in open access publications. Other publications will be parallel archived to Theseus open repository.
- HAMK students are recommended to deposit their theses into Theseus.
- Teaching staff is encouraged to openly share their educational material.
- The support services for open RD&I guide HAMK staff members at different phases of research process and, when needed, offer training to complement the national open science education and training.
- A fee may be charged for data sets processed for the use of business and communal actors.
These principles of openness at HAMK University of Applied Sciences were accepted for use on February 13th, 2017. They are supplemented with an internal plan with concrete actions and a timetable.