Transfer within HAMK
If you are a student of HAMK and you would like to transfer your right to study to some other degree programme, please contact the Study Counsellor of the degree programme.
Transferring from one degree programme to another is possible from the first semester.
Students transferring from other Finnish university
If you want to have a transfer to HAMK you must have a valid right to study at a Finnish university. It is possible to apply for a transfer to the same or corresponding degree programme.
- You have enough right to study periods left, so that you are able to complete your degree within the right to study periods.
- The right to study has started when you have enrolled as present for the first time.
- You have been enrolled as present student for at least one year at the initial university (a Master's degree student can transfer already after studying for one semester).
- If you are a full-time student, you have completed at least 45 credits / academic year.
- If you have been enrolled as present for three semesters you should have completed at least 67.5 credits (90 credits during four semesters etc.)
- Credit transfers from previous studies or degrees are not counted as records.
- Part-time student (Bachelor's or Master's degree) must have
- proof of progress in studies and studies must be applicable to the degree.
- the eligibility for the degree programme in question (education and work experience).
- If you are applying for a transfer to studies conducted online you must show that you have sufficient skills for studying online (e.g. previous courses completed online).
- If you are applying for a transfer to studies conducted in other language than your current studies you can apply only before the beginning of the second year.
- The applicability of your previous studies to the degree programme of HAMK has an effect on your selection.
- The resources of the degree programme (the size of the study group, the amount of students in the degree programme), the reasons of application and the interview also have an effect on the decision.
Applying and application period
Application is at Studyinfo.fi. You can fill in the application during the application period.
1. - 15.5. (programmes starting in Autumn)
1. -15.11. (programmes starting in Spring)
Plese send the appendices to the Admission Services of HAMK.
The selection is conditional until you have resigned from the other university. After you have been accepted as transfer student at HAMK you have to submit the certificate of your resignment.