You can apply to a Bachelor’s degree programme at a university of applied sciences when you have completed:
- the Finnish general upper secondary school syllabus and/or the Matriculation Examination
- International Baccalaureate, German Reifeprüfung or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- a Finnish upper secondary vocational qualification (120 credit units) or an equivalent previous vocational qualification with a minimum scope of 80 credit units
- a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma
- further vocational qualification or specialist vocational qualification or an equivalent previous qualification
- foreign education that provides eligibility to apply for higher education in the country
Refugee or refugee-like situation
If the applicant is a refugee or in refugee-like situation and the qualifications cannot be proven through documentary evidence, the UAS can consider whether the applicant can be invited to the entrance exam even if the UAS does not use discretionary admission. The applicant must prove the refugee status by reference to a decision made by competent authority.
Required English language proficiency
Applicants English language skills will be tested in the entrance examinations and SAT-tests. No language skills certificates are required.