You can apply for a Master's degree programme if you have
- a relevant higher education degree and
- at least three years of work experience, obtained after completing the degree.
The degree needs to be completed by 31 July 2015 and work experience obtained by 31 July 2018.
If you have completed in Finland a vocational college diploma (opistoaste) or higher vocational diploma (ammatillinen korkea-aste, mm. insinööri), a relevant higher education degree needs to be completed by 10 July 2018 and work experience obtained by 31 July 2018.
The relevant qualifications for Master's Degree Programme in Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- Tradenomi (AMK), Bachelor of Business Administration
- Restonomi (AMK), Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science (Economics and Business Administration)
- Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration)
- Other relevant qualification comparable to the above mentioned qualifications. You need to have at least 40 credits of Bachelor's level studies in the field of Economics and Business Administration.
In addition to the required qualification, you need to have at least three years of work experience from the field of study of your higher education degree or from the field of study of the degree programme you are applying to. The work experience needs to be obtained after completing the higher education degree.
Notice: Work experience can be counted after completing a Finnish vocational college diploma or a Finnish higher vocational diploma. These are old qualifications offered in Finland before the year 2000. The work experience must be from the field of study of your higher education degree or from the field of study of the degree programme you are applying to.
The work experience needs to be obtained by 31 July 2018.
- The only kind of work experience accepted is one of which you have been given a testimonial by your employer.
- Entrepreneurship is accepted as work experience if you can provide a certificate of it given by a designated authority (in Finland i.e. a testimonial of YEL or MYEL insurance).
A part-time job is converted into full-time so that 150 hours or 20 full-length working days (at least 7 hours per day) are equivalent to one month.
- The work experience does not have to be continuous or obtained under the same employer.
- Work placement or practical training are not counted towards work experience if they are included in the degree used in admission.
- Military service, non-military service or child-care leave are not counted towards work experience.