The starting point of study planning is always in the learning outcomes of the degree you are taking. You will find them in the curriculum of your starting group and in more detail in the modules that make up the whole degree. When you are planning your studies, you need information about:
GUIDANCE OF STUDIES
In Häme UAS guidance of studies is seen as bigger entity, which is supporting and developing student's individual needs. Guidance is created by the whole learning community. You will get proactive guidance according your personal needs and your own activity in the process is essential.
You should make the most of guidance and couselling especially when:
- you have just started your orientation to studies, study group and location;
- you have prior learning which would be applicable to your degree;
- you need support to cope with special needs or you need to develop your study skills;
- you need to make some kind of a choice in your studies i.e. what to study, how and when or you continue studying after a period of absence;
- you need to define your goals or update your personal study plan (PSP);
- it's time to get prepared for the guidance discussions (student's development discussions);
- it's time to go for a work placement;
- you would like to do studies or work placement abroad;
- it's time to make the final thesis or
- you are about to graduate or apply for a job.