practical aspects - what do i need to know?
Virtual studies are close to normal studies in some respects, but differ a bit in others. The main things to be aware of in a practical sense are:
- Always familiarize yourself with the implementation plan before enrolling for a course. This document contains pretty much all of the things you need to know in advance.
- Only enroll for courses which you plan on finishing. Our courses repeat regularly, which will allow you to keep your study load reasonable.
- Be an active and positive communicator, communication is the basis of all learning. This applies especially in the virtual domain: we have to work for it.
- We will always be happy to provide guidance and help in relation to our courses. Don't hesitate to contact us!
- Virtual studies will always demand a bit more organizational skills from you than normal studies. Take responsibility for your own learning.
- We will mostly use the following tools for in-course communication:
- Skype for Business &
open university students
You can enroll for the courses at the moment through our student advisor Annina Herala-Hemmilä (firstname.lastname@example.org).