practical aspects - what do i need to know?
Virtual studies are close to normal studies in some respects, but differ a bit in others. The main things to be aware of in a practical sense are:
- Always familiarize yourself with the implementation plan before enrolling for a course. This document contains pretty much all of the things you need to know in advance.
- Only enroll for courses which you plan on finishing. Our courses repeat regularly, which will allow you to keep your study load reasonable.
- Be an active and positive communicator, communication is the basis of all learning. This applies especially in the virtual domain: we have to work for it.
- We will always be happy to provide guidance and help in relation to our courses. Don't hesitate to contact us!
- Virtual studies will always demand a bit more organizational skills from you than normal studies. Take responsibility for your own learning.
- We will mostly use the following tools for in-course communication:
- Skype for Business &
General instructions and information for FUAS students can be found from here and here.
All FUAS students are more than welcome to our courses. At this moment, though, there are a few practical matters which we want to make you aware of.
When enrolling for a course, please have a look at the course materials for that course (books, etc). We will typically send requests for all FUAS Alliance members to have our course materials in the electronical collections of their school libraries. In some cases this might not be possible, so please check these before enrolling.
If you have any problems in enrolling for a course, please do not hesitate to contact the responsible teacher for the course in question.