Starting on February 1st, Riihimäki campus library will be open for HAMK and HAMI students also outside official opening hours.
Riihimäki library self-service makes it possible for you to use the library for example in the morning, evening and weekends. In order to access the library premises you will have to use your personal access control card (Esmikko). Library is open for self service during the times when it is permitted to access the building anyway. You will have to leave the premises on time before the alarms are turned on at 10pm.
You automatically have the right of library access if
- you are a HAMK student
- your library card is valid
- your overdue fines are under 10 euros.
You can lose your access right by collecting too much overdue fines. The right will be restored once the fines have been paid.
If you are in the library when the library closes and the self-service hours begin, you will have to check in to the library with your key card. You can do this at the library door.
You can find the rules of library self-service use in HAMK intra. Non-compliance with the rules may result in the loss of access rights.
If you have questions about the library self-service, please don't hesitate to ask the library staff for more information.
No staff in the library? Follow these instructions
What can you do during the self-service hours?
- Borrow material using the self-check machine
- Return loans with the self-check machine
- Pick up and borrow reservations
- Reserve books in HAMK Finna
- Renew loans in HAMK Finna
- Pay your library fees is HAMK Finna
- Use the library collections
- Use computers, scanner, printer and other tools in the library
- Use library space to study or work
What you can you not do during the self-service hours?
- Borrow journals (use only inside the library)
- Get a new library card
- Pick up interlibrary loans
- Order interlibrary loans
- Ask the library staff for help
Please respect your fellow students, do not disturb their work.