New business opportunities and sustainable growth – LUO Next Step
Time: 1.8.2016 – 31.12.2018
The main actor in the project is Häme University of Applied Sciences, in co-operation with Natural Resources Institute Finland (Luke), Lammi Biological Station (Helsinki University) and Environmental School of Finland (Sykli).
Industry and companies running and developing business in sustainable utilization of natural resources are the main target group of the project, along with the education and research organizations and actors in the LUO-network. Target regions are especially Hämeenlinna, Riihimäki and Forssa.
The main goal of the project is to develop learning and research environments in co-operation in the Häme region and to find new business opportunities within the context of bio/circular economy. As a result of the project, the vast competence present in the Häme region in the research and education of natural resources will be better in the use of the companies of the region. Companies will have better opportunity to utilize the newest research results in their business development.
As a result of the project:
• Entrepreneurship in SM-sector in circular economy will be strengthened in the region Kanta-Häme.
• A novel operating model is created for education, research and business co-operation.
• Education and research environments are developed in co-operation with business (innovation and learning
• The operating model can be applied into the national research and education network.
• 10 companies will be involved in trials implemented in the project.
• Innovation and learning environments will be tested in trials executed with 10 selected companies.
• An overall description of biomaterial flows and sustainable utilization of materials in the region will be created
(mapping of 10 companies).
• New networks supporting circular economy and operating models will be created.
• Evaluation of environmental effects will be developed to be more flexible, versatile and productized for business use.
Focus will be in the development of new cost effective sensor system. The development work will be done in
cooperation of education, research and business.