What does HAMK Library offer for students?
HAMK library provides material and collections for your studies and helps you to find it. HAMK library customer service points are located in all seven HAMK campuses and online. It is free to register as a HAMK library customer and to use HAMK library services. HAMK library is open for everyone.
Register as a HAMK library customer
- Apply for a library card in HAMK App. HAMK App instructions.
- After applying for your library card in HAMK App, take your valid photo ID with you and come to one of our campus libraries to pick up your library card. (Or to activate your student card as a library card.)
- You can find HAMK campus libraries’ locations and contact details in the library web page.
HAMK library collections
- You can find all HAMK library collections in our web library HAMK Finna.
- To access the electronic material (e-books, e-journals, databases) you will need to log in HAMK Finna with your HAMK username and password.
- For printed material, as a HAMK library customer, you can use all the material in all HAMK campus libraries free of charge. You can make reservations to books located in any of the campus libraries and choose the campus where you want to pick them up from.
- More information about loans services, overdue fines and interlibrary loans in the Loan and Renew section in the library web page.
Guidance with information searching
- As a part of your studies you will get guidance to help you find reliable information for your studies. You can also always come to the library information desk for help.
- In the library web page there are detailed instructions about finding the right information sources. Please read the “Why…”, “How…” and “What…” articles in the Help with information searching section in the library web page.
- As a HAMK student you will be able to use the library even outside the official library opening hours. This is called library self-service. You will have the access for library self-service if you have a valid library card, your library fees are under 10 euros and you have a valid key card to the campus.
- During the self-service hours you will be able to stay and study at the library, borrow and return books using the borrowing machine and pick up and borrow your reservations. Library self-service is possible in all HAMK campus libraries.
- More information about library self-service.