Face masks will be distributed at Hämeenlinna University Centre
The distribution of face masks supplied by the city of Hämeenlinna will begin at the Hämeenlinna University Centre. According to Government recommendations, masks are distributed to those most in need of them.
The person’s identity or wealth information will not be verified at the distribution.
Masks can be picked up on 10–18 September, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., from the Auditorium Information Point in Building C (Vankanlähde 9). The mask packet contains four washable fabric masks. HAMK nursing students will handle the distribution of masks and give advice of the correct use of the mask. When picking up masks, please pay attention to good hand hygiene and safety intervals.
The face mask is recommended to be used in public transport, when going to or returning from a coronavirus test, when returning from risk areas, and during quarantine if there is a need to move around. The recommendation does not apply to workplaces, schools or other public spaces where it is possible to keep a safe distance from others.
Checklist for mask use (The Finnish Institution for Health and Welfare, THL)
- Wash or disinfect your hands before putting on a new or clean mask.
- Do not touch your mask or move it under your chin or on your forehead when wearing it.
- While wearing mask, do not eat or drink.
- If you touch the mask while wearing it, wash and disinfect your hands before and after touching it.
- Remove your mask with clean hands by grasping the ear loops. Do not touch the outside part of the mask when removing it.
- Wash or disinfect your hands after taking off the mask.
- Always wash your cloth masks in a 60-degree wash cycle after wearing them or boil them for five minutes in water to which you have added a little bit of detergent. Rinse the mask and hang it to dry in a place with fresh air.