Graduation in Spring / Summer 2020 & library services
Congratulations for graduation! The coronavirus restrictions in Spring 2020 have affected HAMK library services. However, we would like to welcome you to keep using the library services after your graduation. Your HAMK library membership will automatically stay valid, you’ll only need to update your contact details in HAMK Finna. Please read more below.
HAMK library is open for all, which means that anyone outside HAMK can join the library and use the library services.
If you would like to return your loans before the summer, please contact the library customer service. During the coronavirus restrictions we will be at campuses only by appointment.
How to become a HAMK library customer?
- If you, as a student, already were a HAMK library customer, you will automatically stay as a customer. You only need to update your contact details, especially your email address to receive the due date reminders etc. Please update your contact details in HAMK Finna. (Log in with your library card.)
- If you were not a HAMK library customer during your studies, you can become one now. In this case, please contact the library customer service. You can fill in the library client registration form online.
What does HAMK library offer you after your graduation and the coronavirus restrictions?
- After the coronavirus restrictions, as a HAMK library customer, you can borrow any book in our basic collection from any of our seven campus libraries. You can make reservations and choose which HAMK campus library you would like to pick them up from, free of charge.
- You can borrow books for 28 days at a time, just like before. You can renew your loans five times if there are no reservations, just like before. You can now borrow 20 books at a time instead of the 40 you could borrow as a student.
- You are welcome to use our facilities during the libraries’ opening hours.
- You can use our printed journals collection during the libraries’ opening hours.
- You can access our e-books and e-journals on the campus library computers. Please ask the library staff to log in to the computer for you.
- Inter library loans outside HAMK library will cost you 10 € / loan after your graduation.
- Library staff is here for you, you are welcome to contact us whenever you have questions about our services.
To renew, reserve, make payments and update your contact details please log in HAMK Finna with your library card number and your pin code.
For more information about HAMK library services and for our contact details, please see HAMK library web page.
Like HAMK library on Facebook to see what’s happening.