Library summer break and library services during summer 2020
HAMK libraries are on Summer break from Thu 18 June until 2 August 2020. HAMK Finna with all the e-books, e-journals and e-databases is available all summer 24/7 with your HAMK username and password. We will inform you about library services and when we open again in the beginning of Autumn semester 2020.
Library services in summer 2020:
- You can email us during the summer break, we will reply to you starting on Mon 3 August.
- You can use the library chat, there is a chat bot (LibBotti) answering your questions. LibBotti can answer simple questions.
- Library customer service will be back in August, we will let you know the library opening details on week 32.
HAMK Finna and e-materials
- HAMK Finna and e-books, e-journals and e-databases are available 24/7 with your HAMK username and password.
- Instructions for e-materials
- You can return your loans during the summer break in Hämeenlinna University Centre. There is a return box at the front door to building D (cafeteria) where you can drop your returns at.
- Please notice that the box is limited size and can’t hold large amounts of books. Please don’t leave your returns outside the box in case the box is full.
- We will check the return box regularly during the summer break.
- You will see the returned books in your library account when they are returned in the library system.
- Unfortunately other campuses don’t have return boxes outside the campuses.
- HAMK staff who has access to the campuses can return their loans in the library return boxes inside the buildings, next to the library doors.
- You can make reservations only for items that are out on loan, not to the ones in the bookshelves.
- Reservations to the items on the bookshelves will be possible again in August.
- Library self-service is closed during summer 2020 due to the coronavirus situation.
- Borrowing printed books is not possible
- Using the library space for studying is not possible
Due dates and library fees
- During the library summer break there will be no due dates or late fees for your loans.
- If you have library fees, you can pay them in HAMK Finna with your credit card or Finnish banking details.
Enjoy your summer!