Pearson e-books trial
This month HAMK is testing Pearson e-books on VitalSource platform. The trial period ends on November 30th.
Pearson is an international publisher best known for their high quality textbooks. Our trial includes fifteen titles, mainly on engineering and business. We have unlimited simultaneous use for the textbooks, so several people can access them at the same time.
Reading Pearson books on browser:
1. Login the platform using HAMK id.
2. If you want to create a personal account, give your e-mail address. You can also pass over by choosing No thanks at the bottom of the page.
3. Read and accept user terms.
4. Explore view shows you the titles included in the trial.
5. Choose an e-book and click. The book opens on your browser.
Downloading Pearson books on your device:
1. Download the free reader app called Bookshelf from your app store (App Store, Google Play, MS store)
2. Login the VitalSource platform using HAMK id.
3. Create a personal account by typing in your e-mail address.
4. Read and accept user terms.
5. Now open Bookshelf and login using the personal account you just created. To browse the available collection choose Explore.
6. Choose an e-book to download.
Pearson e-books offer several ways to make the reading experience more enjoyable:
- text size can be changed
- fonts can be changed
- line height can be changed
- margin size can be changed
- screen background can be changed.
There is also a built-in Read aloud function. For more information on accessibility, see VitalSource accessibility page.
For questions and comments, please contact email@example.com
We hope you enjoy Pearson e-books!