Changes in library services
The library system behind HAMK Finna has been upgraded to a better and more secure library system. Due to the upgrade there are some updates in the library services:
- Canceling your reservation: You can cancel your reservation in HAMK Finna before the book has been sent to your pick up location. If you want to cancel your reservation after that, you can do it by contacting the library
- “Hold identifier” is a name or a nickname which you will need when you pick up your reservations/holds. The default hold identifier is your name, but you can change it to something else in your HAMK Finna profile.
- You will need to add your library card back into your HAMK Finna account due to the system upgrade
- You will need to change your preferred reservation pick up location in your HAMK Finna profile
- Loan history will be collected to your HAMK Finna account. You can change the settings in your HAMK Finna profile
Due date reminders
There are some changes in library due date reminders. From now on, the library will send you these notices via email:
- Due date reminder 4 days before the due date and on the due date
- Overdue notices 7, 14 and 21 days after the due date.
- If your loans are 21 days overdue, the library system will mark them as lost and the replacement cost of the loans will be added to your account. Notice! Don’t pay for the amount if you have the books, just return them to any of HAMK libraries as soon as possible. You can also send the books by post if you can’t make it to the library. You won’t be able to renew, borrow, or access the library outside of office hours before you’ve returned your lost books and payed for the overdue fees.
- The invoicing process will start 28 days after the due date.
You can find the updated library user rules and service charges in the library web page.
If you have any questions about the changes, or if you notice something isn’t working, please let us know and we will start solving the issue!
P.S. We hope that you’ll be patient with us while we are trying to get the best out of the new library system!