Hull Executive MBA – University of Hull
Hull Executive MBA - EMBA
About the Programme
The University of Hull has partnered with Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK) to deliver the Hull Executive MBA – EMBA programme – at HAMK’s campus, Hämeenlinna University Centre. The EMBA Programme offers a University Level Master’s Degree from the University of Hull. Participants study locally, are taught by internationally-renowned University faculty and have the opportunity to connect with a global network of alumni.
The AMBA-accredited Hull Executive MBA transforms you into a strategic and responsible leader through our business-relevant, internationally recognised programme. You will be challenged to think critically to enhance your effectiveness both personally and professionally, developing the skills and understanding required to operate in a complex global business environment.
Having a world-renowned Hull Executive MBA assures your progress up the career ladder towards top management positions and paves the way for broader business networks. The practical and comprehensive management skills provided by this EMBA programme will equip you with the capability to embrace responsibilities at higher management levels.
The accreditations and rankings of the University of Hull provide assurance of the quality and high standard of the EMBA programme and the University’s faculty in education and research.
- Proudly holds multiple industry accreditations as well as independent international recognition from AMBA and AACSB.
- International recognitions and ranked 48th in Business in UK (Guardian University League Tables 2019).
- In the TOP 50 universities for research power (Research Excellence Framework 2014, Times Higher Education).
- One of only 21 UK universities honoured with The Queen’s Anniversary Prize
The Hull Executive MBA is taught throughout the year on a rolling carousel system with start dates around every nine months. This means you will be studying some modules with students who started earlier as well as ones who have joined at a later stage. As a result, you will benefit from being able to build relationships within your own cohort, as well as networking with other groups, thus creating more opportunities to develop your industry contacts. However, you and your fellow EMBA students from your own cohort will remain together as a team throughout the programme, learning from each other and enlarging your professional network.
The Hull Executive MBA provides you with an opportunity to deepen your understanding of Systemic Management and Complexity in the context of international business cultures and to expand your international networks. This International Study Visit module will be delivered on the Hull University campus in spring 2021.
EMBA teaching takes place in three-day blocks, normally Friday to Sunday, every six weeks. Face-to-face class contact is enhanced with online learning in the weeks before and after the blocks. All participants take eight core or compulsory modules, and then choose from three different pathways studied over two years.
* All pathways are subject to sufficient student numbers in order to run.
General Management pathway
Health and Social Care Management pathway
Technology Management pathway
Research Methods and Dissertation
Most EMBA modules are assessed by individual assignments, such as essays and reports. Two modules are assessed by examination, and some may require group project work and the delivery of a presentation.
The schedule of the current cohort:
The next cohort of the Hull Executive MBA will start on 4 November 2021.
The Hull Executive MBA is taught throughout the year on a rolling carousel system with start dates around every nine months.
The programme is a part-time master’s degree programme (in total 90 ECTS) and its duration is 2 years: 18 months (modules, in total 60 ECTS) and 6 months (Research Methods and Dissertation, in total 30 ECTS).
How to apply for the University of Hull Executive MBA:
The full EMBA programme fee (total cost over 2 years) is EUR 18,000 (VAT 0%) including module tuition, study materials and online learning workshops and services.
The programme fee is payable by the student to HAMK in three instalments in advance of each level of the programme being delivered:
- the first instalment (EUR 6,000, VAT 0%) shall be paid upon enrolment onto the first 6 modules of the EMBA,
- the second instalment (EUR 6,000, VAT 0%) shall be paid after the first 6 modules have been delivered (before the Diploma level begins)
- the third instalment (EUR 6,000, VAT 0%) shall be paid after the second 6 modules have been delivered and the Research and Dissertation module has started.
The tuition cost of the International Study Visit module delivered on the Hull University campus is included in the programme fee. Travel and accommodation costs are excluded and should be covered by students separately.
Cancellation fee policy: You can cancel your participation in the programme by email. However, tuition fees that have already been paid will not be returned.
Hull University Accreditations and Rankings
- Awarded with AACSB & AMBA accreditations
- Ranked 59th in the UK (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016/17)
- Ranked 48th in Business in the UK (Guardian University League Tables 2019)
- Ranked 126–150th in Europe Teaching (Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings 2018)
- Being awarded silver for the quality of teaching (The Teaching Excellence Framework 2017)
EMBA Programme Structure & Duration
- 12 modules (60 ECTS) and a dissertation (30 ECTS)
- 2 out of 12 modules are exam-based
- 8 compulsory modules and 4 modules of three optional pathways: General Management, Health and Social Care Management and Technology Management
- One International Study Visit module delivered on the Hull University campus
- 2 years total duration
- 18 months coursework
- 6 months dissertation period with supervisor support
Teaching Staff & Schedule
- Most teaching staff are both experienced consultants/managers as well as Hull University Faculty lecturers and professors
- Minimum impact upon working time due to easily accommodating working time with the teaching schedule
- 27 hours of face-to-face teaching and 9 hours of online learning workshops per module
- Face-to-face teaching every 6 weeks (Friday from 1 pm till 9 pm, Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7 pm) at the premises of Häme University of Applied Sciences
- class contact is enhanced by online learning
Tuition Fee & Payment
- Full EMBA programme fee (total cost over 2 years) is EUR 18,000 (VAT 0%)
- Flexible payment options
- Can be paid in 1–3 instalments during the 2 years of study
The Hull Executive MBA programme gives you and your organisation the confidence and expertise to achieve outstanding results. Trusted globally by students and employers alike, an EMBA qualification consistently enables you to go beyond what you thought possible and reach a new level in their career.
Having a world-renowned Executive MBA assures your progress up the career ladder towards top management positions and paves the way for broader business networks. The practical and comprehensive management skills provided by this programme will equip you with the capability to embrace responsibilities at higher management levels.
We prepare managers to become business leaders on the global stage. As well as being taught by academics from across the world, who all have their own cultural perspective to share, modules such as International Business give you the in-depth knowledge to deal with business issues in an international context.
As a Hull Executive MBA student, you will:
- Become a strategic and responsible leader who can think critically to enhance personal and professional effectiveness
- Develop the skills and understanding required to operate in a complex global business environment
- Develop a deeper understanding of the complexities of modern organisations through our holistic approach, driven by our distinctive expertise in systems thinking
- Forge excellent links with industry through real world consultancy projects
- Gain experience of a broad range of industries and sectors with our diverse cohort of students
- Transfer new knowledge and skills direct to the workplace
- Gain access to a growing Hull Executive MBA worldwide alumni network
VIDEO: Jaishree Hingorani (Executive MBA Student NHS 4K, University of Hull campus)
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Clinical Lead for Obstetrics, Hull and East Yorkshire Trust
VIDEO: Stacey Chaplin (Executive MBA Student at Doncaster Council Final 4K, University of Hull campus)
Policy & Partnerships Manager (Skills) Strategy & Performance Unit Doncaster Council