Friend Family Programme
Join the Friend Family Programme and dive deeply into Finnish culture!
Häme University of Applied Sciences HAMK Friend Family Programme will continue in autumn 2022 on the campuses of Hämeenlinna, Riihimäki, Valkeakoski, Forssa and Mustiala.
In HAMK’s Friend Family Programme, international students can get to know every day Finnish life.
The purpose of HAMK’s Friend-Family Programme is to make the Finnish culture, language and lifestyle familiar to international students. We aim to promote internationalisation and knowledge of new cultures among both students and host families.
Some examples of the HAMK Friend Family Programme: cooking and dinner together, camping, watching movies, attending an ice-hockey match or just participating in everyday life with the Finnish family. It is all up to the student and the family!
The HAMK Friend Family Programme is voluntary, and after the first meeting at the HAMK campuses, the students and families themselves decide how, where and when they meet.
Friend Family programme will start again during autumn 2022 on all campuses.
Some guidelines for the HAMK Friend Family Programme
- The HAMK Friend Family Programme aims to promote internationalisation and knowledge of new cultures among both the students and host families.
- The HAMK Friend Family Programme is voluntary, and the students and families themselves decide how, where and when they meet.
- The first meeting will be arranged by the staff of HAMK in October. After that, the families and students get together at their convenience.
- The family has no financial obligations towards the student: studies, accommodation and recreational activities are paid for by the student.
- The family may not use the student as workforce (e.g. as a baby sitter or cleaner) unless both parties consent to the arrangement and conclude a written agreement.
- If some problems or questions arise, the student and the family should turn to the staff responsible for the HAMK Friend Family Programme.
- Feedback will be collected from the families and students – this will help to develop and improve the HAMK Friend Family Programme.