HAMK in Africa
Partnerships for education, research and innovation
HAMK is building knowledge and competence together with African universities and partners.
In this age of globalisation, there is a great need for collaboration, new ideas and innovations, and shared resources. Häme University of Applied Sciences is actively involved in international cooperation in education and research, which will shape the future of the world. Collaboration with African partners has an impact on all HAMK’s levels:
- Collaborative research is the tool for producing solutions suitable for local realities to create jobs and wealth. Collaborative research will also lead to sustainable development and climate change mitigation.
- Students are in the centre of all we do. Students at HAMK as well as at African partner universities will have possibilities to enhance their international competences and to strengthen their global citizenship. Through HAMK’s collaboration in Africa, students will have more opportunities for short exchanges in multidisciplinary groups.
- Our staff also have opportunities to increase their global through teacher exchanges, both by visiting African partner universities and by welcoming colleagues from African countries to teach at HAMK.
HAMK’s ongoing projects in Africa
- HAMK reforming forestry entrepreneurship education in South Africa03.03.2021
- Belgian intern involved in revising cocoa supply chain25.02.2021
- HAMK students studied utilisation of cocoa side streams15.01.2021
- HAMK strengthens the export of expertise and research related to climate change in Africa12.11.2020
- HAMK strengthens bio-entrepreneurship education in Kenya and Zambia11.11.2020
- Reforming agri-entrepreneurship education in Africa11.10.2020