Wellbeing International Week 2024
Let’s get together and celebrate 10 Years of Wellbeing International Week!
Join us for the 10th anniversary of the Wellbeing International Week at Häme University of Applied Sciences, HAMK, in Hämeenlinna, Finland! This week-long event is a unique opportunity for lecturers and students from around the world to come together and share their expertise on topics related to nursing, social care, and early education. The week has its roots in the first summer school organized by the Degree Programme in Crafts and Recreation in 2006. In 2013, the degree programmes in nursing and social services joined in and the event was renamed Wellbeing International Week. With the long successful history behind us, we are now focusing on the years to come.
In 2024, the theme of the week is Sustainable Future Makers, and we are looking for visiting lecturers who are passionate about helping to create a more sustainable and equitable future for all.
Join us for a week of learning, networking, and fun!
What to Expect
The Wellbeing International Week will take place from February 19th-23rd 2024. The week will begin with a seminar with keynote speakers on Monday, followed by lectures and workshops on a variety of topics related to sustainable future making on Tuesday – Friday. In the evenings, there will be fun activities and opportunities for networking with HAMK staff and other visiting lecturers.
Benefits of Attending
As a visiting lecturer at the Wellbeing International Week, you will have the opportunity to:
- Share your expertise with students and colleagues from around the world
- Learn about new perspectives on sustainable future making
- Expand your professional network
- Experience Finnish culture and winter weather
Where to stay
- Hotel Scandic City is located in the town centre and closest to our campus.
- Hotel Emilia is located in the town centre, across the street from Hotel Scandic.
- Sokos Hotel Vaakuna, close to the railway station
- Hostel Naurava kulkuri is a cheaper alternative and closer to the campus. A good option for students. We have made a preliminary reservation to the WIW2024 group. More information on how to book when the student enrolment begins
How to Apply
To apply to be a visiting lecturer at the Wellbeing International Week, please fill out the online registration form by November 3rd, 2023.
We encourage you to spread the word to your students and colleagues who may be interested in attending the Wellbeing International Week.
Student enrollment will start in December.
We look forward to seeing you in Finland in February 2024!
We warmly welcome international students to join the Wellbeing International Week. We prioritize students from our partner universities that also send visiting lecturers. The student enrollment begins in mid-December.