The enrolment will be open from 08:00 to 23:59.
2.-15.8.2021 open studies during autumn 2021
4.-15.10.2021 open studies during autumn 2021
1.-15.12.2021 open studies during spring 2022
14.-25.2.2022 open studies during spring 2022
14.3.-22.4.2022 open summer studies
Take into consideration - open studies
- As a student of open studies you are not entitled to student financial aid or student discounts, unless you are entitled to them because of your other studies.
- Before enrolling please notice that some courses may have prerequisites. It is on your own responsibility to consider whether your knowledge and skills meet the prerequisites of the course. Master’s degree open studies require sometimes previous Bachelor’s degree.
- An Open UAS student cannot receive a certificate of completion of the official language even if they pass the Swedish course. It can only be given to a degree student
- Students are required to bring their own personal laptops. More details from Bring your own device – BYOD and HAMK’s IT-services. Learning at HAMK is not dependent of the time and classrooms.
- Open university students are treated equally with degree students and they have the same insurance coverage as HAMK’s degree students.
- The open UAS student receives the right to study for the duration of the implementation in question for a semester or academic year. A student completing summer studies has the right to study until 30.9.
Check out the module selection of courses
Find current studies that interest you in our study provision. You can use the application criteria you want, for example: implementation time, language of tuition, education or open Master’s level courses (open YAMK). In some courses, the student can choose the language of tuition, in which case the study has flag icons for implementation in Finnish and English.
When you choose language English in Module selection, the list shows only the courses that will be tuited in English. You can get acquainted with the implementation plan of the course you are interested in by clicking on the desired implementation. Please note that enrollment period of the courses for the Open University of Applied Sciences is different from the registration time of the implementation plan. A HAMK degree student registers for studies organized by HAMK in Pakki.
See the module selection of Open University of Applied Sciences
If you do not find the kind of studies you are looking for, please contact the contact person of the degree programme and ask for the possibility to get guidance for creating your own personal study plan.
Studies free of charge
Some of Häme university of applied sciences open university studies are going to be offered free of charge for unemployed, laid off workers, pensioners and secondary level students starting 1.8.2021. Please note that this practice is only in use temporarily and only separately defined – not all studies are included.
Here you can find studies that are offered for free (autumn 2021):
If you qualify for free studies enroll here. Enrolment period: Next enrolment period is 4.-15.10.2021
- Enrolment requires authentication. Authentication is done through Suomi.fi service. To identify you need either online backing codes, mobile certificate or certification card. If you are having trouble with Suomi.fi site we recommend you use private browser and empty your browser history after your enrollment is finished.
- Only in exceptional cases, i.e. if you don’t have any authentication method suitable for the Suomi.fi service or have technical problems with the authentication, you can choose an alternative registration form and not use the authentication.
Grounds for participating free of charge
While enrolling for your studies you will have to provide proof for the grounds of participating free of charge. You will have to add an attachment for your registration form. You cannot provide any attachments after your registration.
Attachments we accept are following:
Unemployed: If you are unemployed, please check from your own TE-office, that studying in Häme open university of applied sciences wont effect your benefits. Certification of registration as an unemployed (you can print this from TE-office’s e-service site) The certification can be up to a week old (no older). To qualify for the free studies the certification must be for unemployment group 02 (unemployed), 03 (laid off), 07 (employment promoting services) or 08 (in training).
Laid off: Employer provided notice of laying off where is clearly stated time of the short-term unemployment. Or a certification of unemployment (from TE office) group 07. (look instructions form above). The certification from TE office can be no older than one week.
Pensioners: If you are older than 65 years you do not need to provide any further proof of pension.
If you are under 65 years old you can provide us one of the following:
- Card for national pension recipients
- Kela stated written certification of national pension
- employee pension card (from your own pension facility)
Secondary students: Ask from your place of study a certification of study or student card is accepted also.
Enroll on the study of your choice
- Choose the course and start enrolment – Search for studies in the study offer in advance
- Authenticate – You can authenticate through the Suomi.fi service by using online banking codes, a mobile certificate, or a certificate card.
- Please, be prepared to provide your authentication method to speed up the enrolment.
- Only in exceptional cases, i.e. if you don’t have any authentication method suitable for the Suomi.fi service of you have technical problems with the authentication, you can choose an alternative registration form and not to use the authentication.
- Fill in the enrolment form
- Pay the study fee (15€/credit) – Study fees are paid online by the Paytrail service. Payment methods include online payments to Finnish banks, card payment, MobilePay and Walley bank as an invoice and installment service.
- Confirmation – After payment, you will receive an automatic confirmation email about your enrolment.
HAMK’s own open UAS study provision is free of charge for our degree students, if the course can be included in the degree to be completed. You can register for the studies organized by HAMK in Pakki. HAMK’s AOKK (Humanities and Education) studies at the Open University of Applied Sciences are subject to a fee, and you can register for them using the current enrolment link during the open university’s registration periods.