Students have to enrol annually for the academic year and to studies on HAMK’s schedules.
Enrolment for the academic year
All students are required to enrol as present or absent for every academic year.
- You need to enrol between 1.5.-31.8. in Pakki student desktop (you can change the enrolment for spring semester before 10 January)
When a student enrols as absent, s/he needs to take into consideration the possible changes in the course selection and their effect on the personal study plan. The curricula are planned on a yearly basis, and same courses might be offered again years later.
In case a student has enrolled as non-attending, s/he may not
- attend classes
- complete courses or category of study
- register for courses
- receive student financial aid
- get subsidised student meals
Students who have not completed their enrolment within the enrolment period must apply for reinstatement of right to study. The right to study restarts in the beginning of next month. Ask for the application form by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application processing fee is 50 euros.
How to enrol for the academic year?
New students enrol via Oili service as they accept the study place. From the second year students enrol via Pakki (student desktop):
- Choose STUDIES on the top menu-> Enrolments (Guide)
- Enrol as present or absent
Enrolment for studies
You need to enrol separately on each course you wish to complete, eg all the courses in the module. The teacher cannot grade your work unless you have an accepted enrolment for the module or course. Students enrol on all courses via Pakki, student desktop.
Right to enrol as absent
Bachelor´s level students who have confirmed the study place before Autumn 2015 may be absent from studies for a total of two academic years. Master´s level students may be absent from studies for one academic year after studying at least for one semester.
Part-time Bachelor´s level students who have started their studies before Autumn 2014 may also be absent from studies for one academic year after studying at least for one semester.
Right to enrol as absent 2015
From Autumn 2015 a first-year student may register as absent for the academic year for the following reasons only:
- military, non-military or women’s voluntary military service (call-up order document)
- maternity, paternity or parental leave (Kela´s certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy)
- the student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury (sickness allowance decision or if no decision exists, a medical certificate)
Students who have confirmed their study place in Autumn 2015 or after that may enrol as absent for a maximum of one academic year. This year doesn’t include in the right to study period. Students may also be absent during their studies for attending military, non-military or woman’s volun tary military service or being on maternity, paternity or parental leave without using the right to study period.
Certificate or decision confirming the reason of absence must be delivered to HAMK before the enrolment closes.
Amendment to the Polytechnic Act regarding the Covid-19 pandemic
In autumn 2021 a student can also register as absent in the first year if he/she can’t start the studies due to the Covid-19 pandemic rules set by the state authority or other weighty reason related to the pandemic. HAMK offers online studies for new students. Therefore there is no need to register as absent for the first year.