Academic Calendar and Enrolment
Students must enrol annually for the academic year and to studies on HAMK’s schedules.
Current students’ enrolment for the academic year
All students are required to enrol as present or absent for every academic year (period 1.8.-31.7.).
Current students need to enrol between 1.5.-31.8. and the enrolment for a spring semester can be changed until 10 January.
(Information on enrolment of a new student can be found at page Welcome to HAMK.)
How to enrol for the academic year?
- Current students enrol via Pakki student desktop:
- Choose STUDIES on the top menu-> Enrolments (Guide)
- Enrol as present or absent. If you enrol as absent, see more information above (right to enrol as absent).
NB: Students with obliged tuition fee
- Enrolment as present: tuition fee must be paid before enrolling
- Enrolment as absent: see more information above (right to enrol as absent)
- Enrol as present or as absent by using the enrolment form
If you wish to enrol as absent during your studies, please take into consideration the possible changes in the course selection and their effect on the personal study plan. The curricula are planned on a yearly basis, and same courses might be offered again years later.
Right to enrol as absent
After the first year of studies students can enrol as absent for a maximum of one academic year. This year doesn’t include in the right to study time. Students may also be absent during their studies on the grounds of attending military, non-military or woman’s voluntary military service or being on maternity, paternity or parental leave without using the right to study time.
- Deliver a certificate or decision confirming the reason of absence to HAMK before the enrolment closes. Send a certificate with this link
- For the spring semester no later than 10.1. and autumn semester no later than 31.8.
- The link is active only during the academic year enrolment period
If you enrol as absent you may not
- attend classes at HAMK
- complete courses or get marks on the study register
- receive student financial aid or get discounted student meals
- get other benefits for students (e.g. student discount on train or bus tickets)
Students who have not completed their enrolment within the enrolment period must apply for reinstatement of right to study. Ask for the application form by sending email to email@example.com. The application processing fee is 50 euros.
Enrolment for studies
You must enrol separately on each course you wish to complete, e.g. all the courses in the module. The teacher cannot grade your work if you have enrolled and been accepted for the module or the course. Students enrol on all courses via Pakki or Tuudo.