Accessibility and Individual Arrangements
The special needs teacher works as a contact person for equality in studies.
He is responsible for organizing individual arrangements for students who need support in studying. The link to the form for applying to individual arrangements can be found at the right hand of this page.
A student has an opportunity to apply for individual arrangements related to studies. An application should be made when it’s important that personal health problems or learning difficulties should be taken into consideration in the teaching arrangements. Individual arrangements may be, for example, additional time in exams / assignments, a separate exam room or Flexible approach to performance situation. Applications are processed in the Student Wellbeing Services.
Individual arrangement practices from 1 September 2021
A new electronic individual arrangements application form was introduced in September 2021. Before completing the application, the student makes an appointment with the special needs teacher (contact information at the bottom of the page) and presents certificates related to his special request.
Applying for individualal arrangements and sharing the decision to teachers
- Have a discussion with the special needs teacher and present the relevant certificates
- Fill in the individual arrangement application
- After completing the application, you will receive an automatic email confirmation that the application has been submitted
- The special needs teacher or study psychologist will make a decision on the application within about two weeks of submitting the application
- You will receive the decision information by e-mail to the address you have provided in the application form. Please use HAMK’s e-mail address on the form.
- The details of the decision are registered in the Pakki as a contract and as a student you are responsible for informing your teachers of the individual arrangements granted to you.
- You can share the agreement written in the Pakki to your teachers so that they can consider the arrangements in their teaching (Students Guide)
- If the individual arrangement decision has not yet been registered in the Pakki, but you have, for example, an exam coming, you can send an e-mail to the teacher about the individual arrangements granted. However, be sure to share the decision with the teachers as soon as it appears in the Pakki.
Contact information for the special needs teacher
Häme University of Applied Science
Special needs teacher
email: email@example.com or tel. +358 50 577 6312