It is important for us to keep in contact with our graduated students. We want to offer our alumni useful information about current HAMK issues and education.
By registrating to our Alumni network you will regularly receive current information about HAMK. We keep in contact with newsletters which you will receive 2-5 times a year.
We communicate actively through a number of online services. In order to keep updated on what is happening at your university, follow us on these channels:
In social media, we are active in these channels:
- HAMK official: HAMK University of Applied Sciences, https://www.facebook.com/hamkuas/
- HAMK alumni: HAMK Alumni, https://www.facebook.com/HamkAlumni/
- HAMK official: @hamk_uas, https://www.instagram.com/hamk_uas/
- HAMK Stories student postsi: @hamkstories, https://www.instagram.com/hamkstories/
- HAMKin official: @HAMK_UAS, https://twitter.com/HAMK_UAS
- HAMK yniversity page: HAMK (Häme University of Applied Sciences), https://www.linkedin.com/organization/34032/
- HAMK company page: HAMK Häme University of Applied Sciences, https://www.linkedin.com/school/15098593/
- HAMK Alumni group:HAMK Häme University of Applied Sciences Alumni, https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4723671
- HAMK’s channel: @hamk_uas
HAMK’s new blog portal is now in active use and there are dozens of interesting posts about our RDI activities, education, services etc. You can log on to blogs at https://blog.hamk.fi.
HAMK Unlimited is a publishing platform, which gathers four HAMK-based publications on one website. The publications may include texts, pictures, audios, and videos. All HAMK Unlimited publications are open access. They go through a preliminary review coordinated by the HAMK publishing board.
There are three individual publications: Professional, Journal and Scientific.
- PROFESSIONAL publishes experts’ viewpoints to current phenomena.
- JOURNAL is an arena for results from R&D activities.
- SCIENTIFIC publishes peer-reviewed, academic articles.
Most of the articles are in Finnish, but there are some also in English. You can log on to HAMK Unlimited at https://unlimited.hamk.fi
Career path and continuing education
Master’s degree is the main postgraduate education after Bachelor’s degree but you can build up your competence also with some other continuing education.
The second-cycle / Master’s degree programmes offered at the universities of applied sciences aim at deepening the professional competence and expertise you will need in a job. The degrees can be completed while working and they are equal to other Finnish Master’s degrees, and give the same qualifications as them.
You can apply for a Master’s degree programme if you have a relevant higher education degree and at least three years of work experience in the field, obtained after completing the degree. You can apply through the joint application system and the extent of studies varies between 60 and 90 credits, depending on the extent of the Bachelor’s degree.
Each Master’s degree programme is field-specific, e.g. BBA’s do their Master’s studies in the field of Social Sciences, Business and Administration. The studies consist of advance studies, optional studies and a thesis. The thesis (30 cr) is a usually a development or research project for students own organisation and/or personal professional interest.
Continuing education offers opportunities to deepen and update your knowledge. All our education and training are based on topical professional themes. You can enrol on our courses without any basic training. We can also create continuing education courses for defined target groups based on the client’s requirements.
TE-services (former MOL)
Monster (in Finnish)
Uratie (in Finnish)
Oikotie (in Finnish)
Kuntarekry (in Finnish)
Uranus (in Finnish)
MyTech (in Finnish)
Careerjet (in Finnish)
Care.com (in Finnish)