HAMK is a member of strategic RUN network. RUN (The Regional University Network) brings together eight like-minded and regionally focused universities of applied sciences which share the same vision to renew education to meet the future skills’ needs of the changing world of work and the society.
The universities are committed to joint strategy which leads their joint education, research and development activities to the 2030 and beyond.
The members of the RUN network are:
- Polytechnic of Leiria – Portugal (Center Region)
- Polytechnic of Cavado and Ave – Portugal (Northern Region)
- Athlone IT – Ireland (Midlands Region)
- Limerick IT – Ireland (Mid-West Region)
- NHL Stenden – Holland (Friesland Province)
- HAMK – Finland (Southern Region)
- Széchenyi István University – Hungary (Gyor Region)
- FH Vorarlberg – Austria (Vorarlberg)
The RUN consortium has brought together regional universities which complement each other – sharing enough of the same and bringing enough of new to the common table ensures that the universities together have the abilities to renew European education. Together the RUN universities are preparing an Erasmus+ European Universities project on “Delivering on Future and Advanced Skills for Societal Transformation in the EU Regions”. The RUN universities are committed to societal transformation in their regions in the context of both new and emerging regional and global challenges but in particular sustainable regional development.
Student and staff representatives of all eight higher education institutions gathered at the launching event of RUN network in Brussels in February 2020. Students played key role at the event as they presented their vision for the creation of the new European university.