RUN European University
RUN European University
RUN-EU (The Regional University Network – European University) brings together seven European higher education institutions from six different countries, all committed to a common vision. Together they form the Regional University Network (RUN), the aim of which is to secure economical, societal, cultural and ecological sustainable progress within their regions and among stakeholders.
In the summer of 2020, the European Commission awarded the European University status and funding to Häme University of Applied Sciences (Finland) and the other six network universities in order to launch the activities of RUN-EU during the next three years.
The RUN-EU universities are:
- Polytechnic of Leiria (Portugal)
- Polytechnic of Cavado and Ave (Portugal)
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest (Ireland)
- NHL Stenden (The Netherlands)
- Széchenyi István University (Hungary)
- Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences (Austria)
- Häme University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
All universities are situated outside the metropolitan areas and they play a major role within their region. Polytechnic of Leiria (Portugal) is the coordinator of the network.
RUN-EU aims to jointly develop cutting-edge teaching, learning and research to meet the future competence needs of the surrounding world. Over the course of the three-year project, RUN-EU will deliver short and flexible student and staff mobilities, create research collaboration and research groups, introduce PhD paths, plan and implement double and joint degrees, and also build joint administrative structures.
In practice, this work will be completed in eight work packages that aim at creating a joint European University. The work packages include, among others, joint study and research projects and student and staff mobilities of different lengths. The aim is also to create and award collaborative European degrees.
- Work Package 1: Coordination and Management
- Work Package 2: European Innovation Hubs
- Work Package 3: Future and Advanced Skills Academies
- Work Package 4: European Mobility Innovation Centre
- Work Package 5: RUN-EU Discovery Program
- Work Package 6: Short Advanced Programmes
- Work Package 7: Collaborative European Degrees
- Work Package 8: Dissemination and Sustainablility
All RUN universities will participate in all the work packages and each work package has been assigned a leading responsible university. Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK) is the leader of Work Package 3: Future and Advanced Skills Academies. In addition, HAMK is the co-leader in Work Package 7: Collaborative European Degrees.