HAMK is a member of strategic RUN network. RUN (The Regional University Network) brings together eight like-minded and regionally focused universities of applied sciences which share the same vision to renew education to meet the future skills’ needs of the changing world of work and the society.
The universities are committed to joint strategy which leads their joint education, research and development activities to the 2030 and beyond. In July 2020 RUN network
The members of the RUN network are:
- Polytechnic of Leiria – Portugal (Center Region)
- Polytechnic of Cavado and Ave – Portugal (Northern Region)
- Athlone IT – Ireland (Midlands Region)
- Limerick IT – Ireland (Mid-West Region)
- NHL Stenden – Holland (Friesland Province)
- HAMK – Finland (Southern Region)
- Széchenyi István University – Hungary (Gyor Region)
- FH Vorarlberg – Austria (Vorarlberg)
The RUN consortium has brought together regional universities which complement each other – sharing enough of the same and bringing enough of new to the common table ensures that the universities together have the abilities to renew European education. The RUN universities are committed to societal transformation in their regions in the context of both new and emerging regional and global challenges but in particular sustainable regional development.