Studying at RUN European University
RUN-EU provides HAMK students with new opportunities
HAMK is one of the nine European higher education institutions forming the RUN European University. As a HAMK student you can take advantage of the exciting opportunities to enhance your international study experiences!
The studies jointly offered by RUN European University are open to all HAMK degree students. The studies include SAPs (Short Advanced Programme) that you can choose and add to your degree to suit your needs and interests. All credits gained from SAPs will be included in your degree.
SAPs are multi-disciplinary international studies where students study together with other students and teachers from different parts of Europe. The studies offered are from a wide range of fields, and so SAPs are a good way to broaden your HAMK degree. You will receive a certificate and transcript of records for each SAP you take part in.
The studies are worth 1-6 credits and each SAP includes an online component and a 1-2 week contact period either at HAMK or at one of the RUN universities in Ireland, Portugal, the Netherlands, Austria or Hungary.
Apply to a SAP!
You can find current SAPs offered to students on the RUN European University website. Find more about SAPS on the website.
You can complete “traditional” exchange studies at any of the RUN-EU universities.
For further information, please contact HAMK International, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Students play an important role in the development of RUN European University activities. Students from each higher education institution have from the very start been involved in defining activities and channels for student engagement. The main channel for student engagement is RUN’s own student Student Council. Each RUN higher education institution has its own Student Council composed of 15 student representatives from different fields of education.
Students participate in the development of RUN, contribute to the implementation of SAP mobility opportunities, and maintain contacts with student representatives from other RUN institutions. In addition, the Student Council participates in the annual Student Week event where they meet other RUN European University student representatives. The Student Council s elect one representative to participate in the RUN-EU General Assembly.
HAMK’s Student Council
HAMK’s RUN Student Council has been renamed RUN European University Student Council and it started its activities in April 2021. At HAMK the SC is coordinated by RUN-EU project assistant Milla Räty.
HAMK’s RUN-EU Student Council 2023-2024
- Oshani Bamunu Mudiyanselage – Smart Organic Farming
- Carolina Batista Caputo – Professional Teacher Education
- Diana Dmitrovskaya – Smart and Sustainable Design
- Divya Fonseka – International Business
- Paul Garay – Construction Engineering
- Zuzanna Gieratowska – Smart and Sustainable Design
- Dorota Kaňuchová – Smart and Sustainable Design
- Samu Karhusaari – Traffic and Transport Management
- Susanna Kuisma – Social Services
- Dieu Le – Biotechnology and Food Engineering
- Alina Martjanova – International Business
- Ha Nguyen – International Business
- Pramod Pokhrel – Construction Engineering
- Lasitha Suraweera – International Business
- Tatiana Veteskova – Construction Engineering
- Work experience abroad: staff mobilities within RUN-EU is already happeningRead more
Seven higher education institutions, including HAMK, set up RUN European University just over two years ago. Various staff exchanges and visits have already been piloted within the alliance. In […]
- Representing European students in StrasbourgRead more
As a vice-chairperson for RUN-EU Student advisory board here in HAMK, I got a chance of a lifetime to take part in the European Student Assembly. European Universities Community (EUC) is a project of […]
- Sustainable development and partnerships – A Development Manager’s experience of participating in RUN-EU SAP in Ireland!Read more
Teachers needed in Ireland – four SAPs are looking for content teachers and coaches! An email that popped up on my laptop screen on a September afternoon began with those words. I read the message […]