- Tämä tapahtuma on mennyt.
Green building blocks for built environment -hybrid seminar
09.11.2022 klo: 09.30 - 17.00
The SCEC-seminar is here again! The two-day hybrid seminar will cover topics such as life cycle of materials, steel and bio-based functional substances among other things. On-site attendees will also get to visit HAMK Tech’s laboratories on Visamäki campus’ premises.
On the first day of the seminar, November 8th, the program is in Finnish, focusing on development and research activities, financing, competence development and cooperation opportunities.
1st seminar day event page can be found here.
On the second day of the seminar, November 9th, the program will be conducted in English, focusing on research activities. During the day, international partners will be giving presentations on their research activities and cooperation opportunities will be discussed.
9:30 Seminar opening, Jarmo Havula, HAMK Tech
9:30–12:30 Theme: Selected blocks towards resource-wise built environment
- Biocolourants for built environment, Päivi Laaksonen, HAMK Tech
- Functional polymers, Michael Nugent, TUS
- NOVUM project (3D printed bio-based material), Kirsi Immonen, VTT
- BIM-based life-cycle analysis, Karolyfi Kitti, SZE
- Large scale 3D printing with recycled thermoplastic, Johannes van der Steen, Stenden
- Energy solutions, Kaisa Kontu, HAMK Tech
- Intelligent thermal energy systems, Markus Pressinger, FHV
13:30–16:00 Theme: Steel & hybrid construction
- Innovative hybrid structural solutions using cold-formed steel and lightweight concrete/Safety enhancement and resilience of wildland-urban interface areas against fire, Helder Craveiro, Coimbra University
- Design for deconstruction/disassembly, Michael O’Shea, TUS
- Towards carbon neutral steel construction products, Jyrki Kesti, Ruukki Construction
- Additive manufacturing for steel construction, Trayana Tankova, TU Delft
- Hybrid connections, Peikko Group
- Recent applied research on cold-formed steel at Leiria and novel design of cold-formed steel members against distortional buckling, Luis Prola & Pedro Gala, Leiria
- Recent research activities in steel structures at Tampere University, Kristo Mela, TUNI
16–17 Visiting the research laboratories
Changes may be done to the program before the event.
Note: At the same time, the RUN-EU General Assembly (GA) and the RUN-EU Students Week will be held at HAMK campuses. More information on either can be found here.
The event is held at the Häme University of Applied Sciences’ Hämeenlinna University Centre. The presentations will be given in D-building’s classroom 214-215. It is also possible to follow the presentations remotely, and the remote participation link will be shared upon registration.
The university centre map can be found here.
Register for the event on the seminar web page!
Some photographs will be taken in the event. Please take a look at our privacy notice for events here.