Developing Career Guidance and Counselling Education for Ukraine
|Developing Career Guidance and Counselling Education for Ukraine
Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University,
|Team Finland Knowledge programme (TFK) in the Finnish National Agency for Education
Ukraine faces challenges of European integration into the common education area and
European neighborhood policy, especially in the career guidance counselor education and it needs the useful experience of highly developed countries.
The purpose of the CARE project is to develop a model competence framework and curriculum for career guidance counsellor education in Ukraine and to introduce career counsellor education to the Ukrainian education system. This will support the strategic goals of Ukraine in the reform of the New Ukrainian School.
Activity design and implementation
- Needs analysis. A needs analysis was conducted together prior to the project design as a desk study by HAMK and KUBG. The project design was planned together in meetings and joint application writing.
- Staff mobility. A five days benchmarking trip to Finland will be organized by HAMK for 15 KUBG staff.
- Online webinars. HAMK will organize 5 online webinars to support and co-create the curriculum for career guidance counsellor training in KUBG.
- Competence framework and curriculum design. KUBG will develop the career guidance counsellor curriculum benefiting from the structured process facilitated by HAMK via online webinars. The curriculum writing will take place between the webinars.
- Quality management, monitoring & reporting will be guided by a steering committee.
- After the project, KUBG and HAMK plan to continue the cooperation in order to take forward the curriculum building, pilot trainings for career guidance counsellors, job descriptions for New Ukrainian School reform study advisors and supportive material.
Senior Specialist, International RDI