Value Driven Procurement
- Enrol anytime
Field of studies
- Information and Communication Technology
- IT and ICT
Type of education
- Open University
- Bachelor Level Studies - EQF 6
- Online Learning
• understands the role of purchasing in business operations
• can adjust purchasing operations according to the values and size of the organization
• get familiar with the typical stages of purchasing process and can do some developing activities for purchasing
• gets familiar to contents of the typical purchasing agreements and delivery terms
• has knowledge of the principles of public procurements
Purchasing process as a whole:
- Purchasing; role in the supply chain
- Values, vision and strategy of the organization
- Definition of the need
- Searching potential suppliers
- Requests for quotations
- Terms of delivery
- Evaluation of the offers
- Code of Conduct
- Making decisions
- Purchase Order and its documentation
- Delivery supervision and control
- Goods receiving and inspection
- Invoicing and payments
- Claiming for deficiencies
Public procurements :
- Law of the public procurements and the responsibilities based on it
Student works independently on Moodle platform.
The course is to be executed within three months
Assessments are not made during June and July.
This is a non-stop course online for the open UAS students.
This course is completely done in remote study mode.
Material is on the Moodle platform - we'll encourage student to look for additional material by themselves.
Student workload, 1 ECTS = about 27 hours
Cooperation with the business sector
The course has no actual working life connection. However, the course provides key competencies needed in modern working life.
HAMK students enrol on the Pakki portal.
Open UAS students enrol via enrolment form that can be found on website (Applicants -> Open university -> Open studies)
You can start your studies within a week of enrolment.
Cost for the student: Open UAS fees can be found on website. Study fee is 15 euros/credit and the payment is made upon enrolment.
Student give course feedback via a browser at https://pakki.hamk.fi/spark.
Credits can be found within one month at: https://opintopolku.fi/koski/