Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK) passed with high marks in the international audit of all Finnish higher education institutions.
In higher education, the Finnish Higher Education Council (FINHEEC) audits the quality assurance systems of Finnish higher education institutions (both universities and universities of applied sciences). FINHEEC is an independent expert body assisting higher education institutions and the Ministry of Education and Culture in matters relating to evaluation. The Council Members represent universities, universities of applied sciences, students and world of work. Decisions made by the Council are prepared and implemented by the Secretariat, led by Secretary General.
In order to assure the quality of the audit system and process on a global level, FINHEEC is a member of several worldwide organizations related to quality assurance and adheres to their standards:
- ENQA European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education
- EQARThe European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education
- NOQA Nordic Quality Assurance Network in Higher Education
- INQAAHE International
- Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education
- ECA European Consortium for Accreditation in Higher Education
- EHEA The European Higher Education Area
Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK) passed the most recent international quality assurance system audit which was conducted in 2016.