Bioeconomy 4.0 & Carbon 4.0
Data driven knowledge creation and utilization in bio processes and in complex carbon ecosystems
- BIOECONOMY 4.0 – Data driven knowledge creation and utilization in bio processes / to strenghten the strategic research profiles HAMK research units
- CARBON 4.0: Analysis and utilization of biological data in complex carbon ecosystems
- Project duration: Bioeconomy 4.0: 1.1.2019-31.12.2021, Carbon 4.0: 1.3.2019-31.8.2022
- Project financing: Ministry of Education and Culture
- #bioeconomy4.0 #carbon4.0
BIOECONOMY 4.0 and CARBON 4.0 projects combine the competences and research excellence of four research units, HAMK Bio, HAMK Smart, HAMK Tech, and HAMK Edu, around one cross-disciplinary research area, digitalized bioeconomy.
The BIOECONOMY 4.0 project focuses on the utilization of data analysis and interpretation in the value chains of food production. In this research area, the project uses the methods and tools of data analysis, IoT, and machine learning in analyzing, monitoring, and optimizing the production chains of e.g. dairy products, vertical farming, and algae growing.
CARBON 4.0 project develops digitalized measurements as well as IoT-based data collection, analysis, and interpretation in the context of carbon and nutrient dynamics. Specific application areas in the project are related to carbon and nutrient binding, both representing key development areas directly related to the climate change and the condition of surface waters.
Project requires close involvement of external partners both from industry and academic world. Besides increasing competence at HAMK, collaboration with chosen partners from different areas of the production chain enables the real understanding and possibilities to improve the management of bio-processes by digitalization.
The following partners are involved:
The list of publications is complemented on this page as projects progress.