Smart Bio Center as part of the joint smart bioeconomy innovation hub of the RUN-EU (SmartBio)
|Smart Bio Center as part of the joint smart bioeconomy innovation hub of the RUN-EU (SmartBio)
|Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK)
|Regional Council of Häme
|The project is funded by Hämeen liitto Regional council of Häme 164 872 € and Häme University of Applied Sciences HAMK 70 659 €
Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK) is involved in RUN European University (RUN-EU) together with seven other European universities. To support research in the smart bioeconomy sector and the development of expertise and business of companies in the region, a joint smart bioeconomy innovation hub of the RUN-EU network will be established, coordinated by HAMK. In this way, the development of competence in the Häme region’s bioeconomy sector and the construction of regional, national and international innovation ecosystems and cooperation networks based on competence needs are promoted.
The operations of the innovation hub’s are supported by the Smart Bio Center, which will be built at HAMK’s campus in Hämeenlinna to strengthen the region’s RDI infrastructure. The SmartBio project shares information about previously implemented or ongoing projects and their results for the entire network to utilize.
The target group of the project is current and future bioeconomy companies that promote and pursue the green transition, as well as the developers of digital solutions that support them. Other target groups are business enterprises, cities and municipalities.
Kanta-Häme Region, Finland, Europe
- To build an innovation ecosystem by creating a smart bioeconomy innovation hub together with RUN-EU partners and their regional joint networks
- To develop methods of operation in which companies benefit from the know-how and infrastructure that is being strengthened in the region
- To develop international joint activities in the innovation ecosystem
- To apply for RDI funding aimed at joint projects and deeper cooperation
- To connect RUN-EU’s food and biotechnology research and bioeconomy/innovation hub for Kanta-Häme actors as efficiently as possible