You can apply for the degree certificate when all your studies have been assessed and entered into the study records. Remember to answer in to AVOP questionnaire before graduation!
Degree certificate application
You can apply for the degree certificate when all your studies have been assessed and entered into the study records
Checklist for graduand
- You have saved your thesis electronically in Theseus or in HAMK’s own archives
- Your PSP is correct and has been accepted by the study counsellor
- Books have been returned to the library and fees paid
- Printing fees paid
- Deposits taken out (= return keys for car heating place and locker)
- AVOP questionnaire answered
You should apply for the degree certificate no later than three weeks prior to the intended graduation day.
Fill in the Degree certificate application. (NOTE: you’ll need to login to intranet pages with your HAMK ID in order to open the application)
You can answer to the graduate feedback questionnaire (AVOP) at www.avop.fi after you have completed 80% of your Bachelor´s degree studies or 50% of your Master’s degree studies.
You can access the questionnaire through the HAKA login with your own username and password.
- select language at the top of the page
- click “HAKA login”
- if you use Internet Explorer or Chrome choose: Häme University of Applied Sciences NEW
- If you use Mozilla Firefox choose: Häme University of Applied Sciences
If you can not access the questionnaire please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The national AVOP questionnaire for graduates of universities of applied sciences is maintained by the Ministry of Education and Culture.
The AVOP questionnaire gathers information on teaching and learning, internationalisation, workplace connections, practical training, thesis and general satisfaction.
During the academic year 2019-2020 there will be two official graduation ceremonies. Additionally, you can graduate once a month according the schedule below.
Academic year 2019-2020
- All graduates will be invited to the graduation ceremony in June or December by email. The invitation contains the sign-up instructions for participation in the ceremony. The degree certificates will be given in the ceremony for the students who graduate on that graduation day. If you are unable to participate in the ceremony, the degree certificate will be sent to you on the following workday after the ceremony
- If you are graduating on some other graduation day during the academic year the certificate will be sent to you on the following workday after the graduation day
- If you want your degree certificate to be sent abroad, the certificate will be sent by EMS courier service. The fee is 35 euros.
- Alternatively, you may pick up your certificate from the Student Services, Visamäentie 35 A, Hämeenlinna. Please contact us in advance tel. 050-5745317 or by email email@example.com
After graduation you will receive an official degree certificate. You will receive the degree certificate both in English and Finnish. HAMK also issues the Diploma Supplement, which is a document in English language attached to an original degree certificate. The aim of the diploma supplement is to improve international ‘transparency’ and facilitate the academic and professional recognition and comparability of qualifications as well as offer easier access to work abroad after graduation.
Copies of degree certificates
HAMK gives official copies of degree certificates. When requesting for an official copy please give us the following information: the name of certificate in question, number of copies, personal data: given name, family name(s) (also your former name), date of birth, telephone number and address where the copy will be send.
20 euros / Copy of Degree certificate
10 euros / Copy of Professional specialisation studies
Copies are delivered to you only after we have received the receipt of the payment. You can send it by post or by email (see address below). 35 euros / for EMS courier service abroad for original degree certificate
Information for payment:
Recipient: Häme University of Applied Sciences
BANK: Nordea Bank Finland Plc
SWIFT (BIC) code: NDEAFIHH
IBAN: FI58 1732 3000 0090 57
Message: copy of certificate (EMS)
The delivery takes approximately 2-3 weeks.
Education support services
PO Box 230, Visamäentie 35 A
telephone: +358 3 646 4516
|Graduation day||Degree certificate application at the latest|
|Graduation ceremony 18.12.2019 at 2 p.m||27.11.2019|
|31.12.2019||31.12.2019 (certificates will be handed over in the end of January)|
|Graduation ceremony 12.06.2020||22.05.2020|
|31.07.2020||31.07.2020 (certificates will be handed over in the end of August|