RUN European University
RUN European University
RUN-EU (The Regional University Network – European University) brings together seven European higher education institutions from six different countries, all committed to a common vision. Together they form the Regional University Network (RUN), the aim of which is to secure economical, societal, cultural and ecological sustainable progress within their regions and among stakeholders.
RUN European University aims to jointly develop cutting-edge teaching, learning and research to meet the future competence needs of the surrounding world. Over the course of the three-year project, RUN-EU will deliver short and flexible student and staff mobilities, create research collaboration and research groups, introduce PhD paths, plan and implement double and joint degrees, and also build joint administrative structures.
In the summer of 2020, the European Commission awarded the European University status and funding to Häme University of Applied Sciences (Finland) and the other six network universities in order to launch the activities of RUN European University during the next three years.
The RUN European University consists of 7 HEIs:
- Polytechnic of Leiria (Portugal)
- Polytechnic of Cavado and Ave (Portugal)
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest (Ireland)
- NHL Stenden (The Netherlands)
- Széchenyi István University (Hungary)
- Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences (Austria)
- Häme University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
All universities are situated outside the metropolitan areas and they play a major role within their region. Polytechnic of Leiria (Portugal) is the coordinator of the network.
Our students will inherit the future
RUN European University aims to develop high quality teching and reasearch, which develop skills needed in the future societies.
For students, RUN European University creates new possibilities for short, international study modules – and also more traditional study exchange opportunities. We are developing new double degrees, which offer students possibilites to study their degree in two different countries and get a degree certificate from both universities. One of RUN-EU’s ambitious goals is to open up 24 new double degree programmes.
Get to know more about RUN European University at www.run-eu.eu!
- RUN European University’s main event of the year takes place in Hämeenlinna on November 7-11, 202207.11.2022
- First RUN-EU Double Degree Programme agreed for Bachelor students in International Business06.06.2022
- First RUN-EU General Assembly will take place in Ireland01.11.2021
- Visitors from RUN European University in HAMK for the first time25.10.2021
- Closer cooperation between the European University and the regions19.04.2021
- HAMK joins the European Universities initiative10.07.2020
In practice, our objectives are achieved through eight work packages that aim at creating a joint European University.
- Work Package 1: Coordination and Management
- Work Package 2: European Innovation Hubs
- Work Package 3: Future and Advanced Skills Academies
- Work Package 4: European Mobility Innovation Centre
- Work Package 5: RUN-EU Discovery Program
- Work Package 6: Short Advanced Programmes
- Work Package 7: Collaborative European Degrees
- Work Package 8: Dissemination and Sustainablility
All RUN-EU higher education institutions participate in all the work packages and each work package has been assigned a leading responsible university. Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK) is the leader of Work Package 3: Future and Advanced Skills Academies. In addition, HAMK is the co-leader in Work Package 7: Collaborative European Degrees.
- Representing European students in StrasbourgRead more
As a vice-chairperson for RUN-EU Student advisory board here in HAMK, I got a chance of a lifetime to take part in the European Student Assembly. European Universities Community (EUC) is a project of […]
- Sustainable development and partnerships – A Development Manager’s experience of participating in RUN-EU SAP in Ireland!Read more
Teachers needed in Ireland – four SAPs are looking for content teachers and coaches! An email that popped up on my laptop screen on a September afternoon began with those words. I read the message […]
- We are one – We are RUN! Student Week in Ireland created new innovations and friendshipsRead more
Ireland – the magical land of Leprechaun and Shamrock. I had never been there, but it was on my bucket list. When I heard that the first host for the RUN-EU student advisory boards around Europe […]