For new degree students
Welcome to HAMK!
At HAMK, studying is about doing and acting together. Every student, teacher, staff member and partner from the workplace has their own special role in this. A caring environment and a supportive community will enhance your learning.
Before starting your studies
- Confirm your study place at Studyinfo.fi. The confirmation of a study place is binding, and it cannot be cancelled. This means that you can confirm the study place only once, and you cannot change it afterwards.
- Check if you need to pay a tuition fee
- Register for the academic year
- Check if you need a residence permit
- Apply for accommodation (if needed)
- Activate your user ID
- Start your online orientation studies
- Inform the degree programme about the date of your arrival as soon as you know it
- Pack your original certificates with you
- Arrive to Finland few days before the beginning of the studies
You can find the instructions for confirming your study place and registering for the academic year as well as information about starting your studies from the following tabs on this page.
If there is anything you want to ask from us, please don’t hesitate to ask! You can reach us by email:
- Any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application process, tuition fees, confirming the study place or registration: email@example.com
Activating your user ID
You will receive an email once your student ID has been created. This ID gives you access to all HAMK’s student systems. You may activate your ID at patu.hamk.fi with Finnish banking codes, a mobile ID or an ID card. If you don’t have a Finnish mobile ID, ID card or banking codes, you may activate the ID through self-service (without strong identification).
Online orientation studies
Experience HAMK studies from the comfort of your home and be better prepared to start your studies!
After you have enrolled for the academic year, you will receive an automated message requesting you to activate user account at HAMK. You can activate your HAMK user account via self-service user registration. Please read the instructions here.
After activating your user account, you can start your studies already online with Starter Kit of Digital Skills – course and Introduction to HAMK Studies- module. These online studies have been developed for you to have a smooth start to your studies. After you have finished the courses, the credits will be added to your study records.
Starter Kit of Digital Skills -course
Starter Kit of Digital Skills -course will help you to start using HAMK online tools, equipment, environments and methods used in higher education studies. Get familiar with the content and instructions of the Starter Kit. Starter Kit of Digital Skills -course is open from December 2019.
- Go to HAMK’s online learning platform: Moodle
- Choose “HAMK login”. Log in with your activated HAMK user account.
- Once you are in the Moodle platform, enroll to the course.
In the first time when you enroll, you also need the student enrolment key, which is: digistarter
If you have questions related to this course, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introduction to HAMK Studies – module (3 -15 ECTS)
Get oriented to your studies at Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK) as well as English and Finnish languages!
All parts of the module are for all students, except Finnish –part (3 ECTS) is ONLY for non-native Finnish students. Please notice, that you need to complete Introduction to HAMK Studies – module before your studies begin in the autumn. It is not possible to study this module anymore while you have started your studies, so it is advisable to complete the module before arrival.
The module will open from the beginning of February 2020. Begin your Introduction to HAMK Studies -module with watching a video greeting from guidance counsellor Ms. Salla Niittymäki.
- Go to HAMK’s online learning platform: Moodle
- Choose “HAMK login”. Log in with your activated HAMK user account.
- Once you are in the Moodle platform, enroll to the course
- You can choose which 3 ECTS -parts you will complete; the total amount of credits is 3-15 ECTS
In the first time when you enroll, you also need the student enrolment key, which is: introHAMK2020
If you have questions related to this module, please contact to email@example.com.
Confirming a study place
After you have been admitted to a degree programme, you will receive an email with a confirmation link. You must confirm the study place before the deadline that is given in the acceptance letter.
Confirm your study place electronically through the link provided in the email notification. If you have a Finnish ID number and online banking credentials, mobile certificate or an electronic ID card you can confirm the study place by logging in at the My Studyinfo -service. If you are for some reason not able to confirm your study place electronically, please contact the Admission Services of HAMK.
Make sure that you make the confirmation on time. Otherwise you will lose the study place offered to you. Once you have confirmed your study place it is binding and irrevocable and cannot be altered.
Please notice that if you accept the study place you cannot later accept any other study places leading to a higher education degree in Finland if the studies begin during the same semester (1 January – 31 July, 1 August – 31 December).
One study place per term provision
You may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that begins in the same academic term. This rule applies to all higher education. Higher education degrees included in the provision are:
- Bachelor degrees and Master degrees awarded by Finnish universities of applied sciences
- Bachelor degrees and Master degrees awarded by Finnish universities
- Licentiate and Doctoral degrees awarded by Finnish universities
The provision applies to higher education regardless of how the studies are provided. For example, if you accept a study place offered to you through HAMK’s direct application, you cannot later accept a study place from the joint application to higher education if the studies begin during the same semester.
Only exceptions to the provision are:
- Transfer student selections
- the Åland University of Applied Sciences
- the Police University College of Finland
The provision is also not applied to studies at foreign higher education institutions.
The academic term (1.8.−31.12. or 1.1.−31.7) is the set framework for implementation. The provision does not prevent acceptance of a place in another degree programme during another academic term. Even if you postpone the commencement of your studies, or interrupt your studies, you cannot accept another study place for a degree programme starting in the same academic term.
Registering for the academic year
You need to register for the semester/academic year electronically through the link that was provided to you in the email notification.
Please notice: If you are required to pay tuition fees for your studies, you are not able to register for the semester/academic year electronically before you have paid the tuition fee. In that case, you should make the registration as soon as you have paid the tuition fee.
Also if you confirmed your study place conditionally and remain on the waiting list for reserve places you are not yet able to register for the semester/academic year. You should make the registration as soon as you are no longer remaining on the waiting list for reserve places.
Registering as non-attending
Copies of certificates (concerns only students admitted based on previous school performance)
Students with Vietnamese High School Graduation Certificate, All India Senior School Certificate or Indian School Certificate that graduate in spring/summer 2020:
If you are offered a study place based on your previous school performance and an online interview (without participating in the written part of the entrance examination), and you complete Vietnamese High School Graduation Certificate, All India Senior School Certificate or Indian School Certificate in spring/summer 2020, please send a copy of your graduation certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 July 2020.
Indian students are required to provide a copy of All India Senior School Certificate or Indian School Certificate. Vietnamese students are required to provide a Temporary High School Graduation Certificate together with a transcript of records and official translations of the certificates in English.
All other students:
You are not required to provide a copy of your graduation certificate before starting your studies. Bring along your original certificates with you in the beginning of your studies.
Bring along your original certificates, your passport/identity card and residence permit card with you on the first day of your studies. The original certificates will be checked during the first two weeks of study. If you do not bring along the original certificates by the date given, your study place will be cancelled.
If you have enrolled as ‘non-attending’, your original documents will be checked when you start your studies.
On the first day
The first thing that you should do when you arrive to the campus for the first time is to visit the local Student Affairs Office. Please take there with you:
- identity card or passport
- original school certificates and official translations of the certificates in Finnish/Swedish/English
- residence permit card
The student affairs secretary will check the documents and register your arrival.
If there is a situation, that you can’t arrive to campus on time, please let us know right away. To avoid delays, please start your immigration process as early as possible.
Degree Programme in Bioeconomy Engineering
- January intake: Studies start on Monday, 13 January 2020 at 10:00 am at Wahreninkatu 11, 30100 Forssa
- August intake: Studies start on Monday, 24 August 2020 9:00 am at Wahreninkatu 11, 30100 Forssa
- For any information regarding studies or arrival in Forssa, please contact email@example.com.
Degree Programme in Computer Applications
- Studies start in the end of August (exact date will be announced soon) at Vankanlähde 9 (building C), 13100 Hämeenlinna
- For any information regarding studies or arrival in Hämeenlinna, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Degree Programme in Construction Engineering
- Studies start on Wednesday, 26 August 2020 9:00 am at Visamäentie 35 B, 13100 Hämeenlinna
- For any information regarding studies or arrival in Hämeenlinna, please contact email@example.com.
Degree Programme in Electrical and Automation Engineering
- Studies start on Monday, 24 August 2020 9:00 am at Lotilantie 16, 37630 Valkeakoski
- For any information regarding studies or arrival in Valkeakoski, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Degree Programme in International Business
- Full-time studies: Studies start in the end of August (exact date will be announced soon) at Lotilantie 16, 37630 Valkeakoski
- Part-time studies: Studies start in the end of August 2020 at Lotilantie 16, 37630 Valkeakoski
- For any information regarding studies or arrival in Valkeakoski, please contact email@example.com.
Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering and Production Technology
- Studies start on Monday, 24 August 2020 9:00 am at Kaartokatu 2, 11100 Riihimäki
- For any information regarding studies or arrival in Riihimäki, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Degree Programme in Smart and Sustainable Design
- Studies start Studies start on Monday, 24 August 2020 9:00 am at Vankanlähde 11 (building D), 13100 Hämeenlinna
- For any information regarding studies or arrival in Hämeenlinna, please contact email@example.com