What’s your path to becoming international?
Abroad you can
- study or complete work placement
- complete a double degree (studies at HAMK and a minimum of 60 credits at a foreign partner university, degree certificate awarded by both universities)
At HAMK you can
- complete part of your studies in English (courses are offered by many Finnish-taught degree programmes and whenever possible you can also take part in courses delivered in English-taught programmes)
- take part in virtual mobility (assignments together with students from partner universities abroad)
- take part in the student union’s (HAMKO) international tutor activities
- get to know and make friends with HAMK’s degree and exchange students from many different countries
- learn foreign languages, for more information check the languages offered on the pages of your own degree programme
If you wish to search for information and feedback about our partner institutions, please follow these instructions:
- Open SoleMOVE in your browser: https://saas.solenovo.fi/solemove/disp//14_/en/public/nop/nop
- Choose Häme University on Applied Sciences (HAMK) from the ‘login’ pull-down menu but DO NOT log in.
- Choose Exchange Destinations Abroad and Feedback from the area above ‘login’.
- ‘Search for exchange destinations abroad’ will open and you can search for information by selecting, for instance, the destination country.
- Click Start search.
The grant is intended to cover part of the extra costs arising from the exchange period abroad.
You will receive a grant if
- the duration of your exchange period is 3 – 12 months;
- the duration of your work placement is 2 – 12 months;
- your studies/work placement produces a minimum of 5 credits/month;
- the credits gained during your studies/work placement abroad are fully recognised as part of your degree.
When accepting the grant, you agree to the following conditions:
- to follow the approved Learning Agreement for Studies / Traineeship;
- to take care of the necessary permits, insurances and vaccinations;
- to submit the necessary documents and reports according to given instructions and on time;
- to repay the grant in full or partially if you cancel or interrupt your mobility period abroad, if you do not upload all required documents in SoleMOVE when you return or you do not receive the required number of credits (5 cr/mo).
If you are applicable for Finnish financial aid, you can also receive it when you are abroad. The grant has no effect on student financial aid. You should apply for the grant at the latest 4 weeks before the start of the mobility period. The grant will be paid 2 weeks at the latest before the start of the period abroad provided that you have uploaded all the required documents in SoleMOVE and SoleGRANT.
You can only apply for one EU or EDUFI funded programme at a time.
Please note that foreign students are awarded a grant but not to their native country if it is outside Europe.
Grants to Europe
Grants outside Europe
Grants for Master's students
Student Financial Aid
Student don’t always have the opportunity to go on an exchange period abroad but it is possible become international at home. For example:
- by getting to know foreign degree and exchange students;
- by using foreign languages;
- by studying in multicultural groups;
- by participating in the student union HAMKO’s international tutor activities;
- by completing part of your studies in English;
- by taking part in virtual programmes, e.g. assignments together with students of partner institutions.