HAMK RD&I – Competitive Solutions
- The general public has finally awakened to the necessity – Data analysis guides the placement of waste stations14.11.2023
- “Fossil-free steel will be a big deal” – Research in Hämeenlinna aims for more ecologically sustainable steel materials14.11.2023
- AgrGROW Project aims to contribute in diversifying skills of graduates in Malawi and Uganda27.10.2023
- NextSteps@TechVET: Elevating Work-Based Learning in Vocational Education and Training (VET)23.10.2023
- HAMK and Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University create a career guidance counsellor training programme in Ukraine04.10.2023
- Apply for Resource-wise Sustainability Studies 2023-202427.02.2023
- OODI studies for beneficiaries07.02.2023
- HAMK’s Smart & Bio education and research environment strengthened with two significant fundings13.12.2022
- Expectations of technology companies for vocational training and vocational teachers05.12.2022
- Mustiala campus’ organic farm designated as a good example – one in five in Europe07.11.2022
Regional impact and customer-oriented applied research
HAMK’s regional influence is carried out through customer-oriented applied research and business services.
Finland’s universities of applied sciences are tasked with providing research and development services that support local employers and regional development while taking into account the region’s economic structure.
We take the policies and focus areas of sub-regions within HAMK’s operating area into consideration in our operations. Four research units that support the workplace and education operate according to specific focus areas:
- HAMK Bio – Sustainable Bio-economy
- HAMK Edu – Innovative Expertise
- HAMK Smart – Intelligent Services
- HAMK Tech – Technology for the Future (Sheet Metal Centre, since 1998)
Research units and research groups function in important research projects with our international strategic partners. We publish the results of our research work.
HAMK’s main customers for research and development are the region’s operators in industry and commerce (particularly SMEs), as well as the public sector. We have international-level competence in our areas of expertise, and through our networks we can serve our customers even more widely.
Key services include
- development projects,
- student contacts
- multidisciplinary project-type learning projects.
We construct a simple model where learning projects commission by the workplace can be implemented at any location within our area. With the aid of the virtual campus, the digital service entity can also be used by companies and organisations.
Promoting businesses through projects
International projects through various funding programmes
DOCTORS AND LICENTIATE STAFF MEMBERS
21 M €
56 M €
the turnover of HAMK
700 000 €
COMPANY FUNDING IN RESEARCH PROJECTS