EMVITET – Empowering Vietnamese VET Teachers for Transformation towards Education 4.0
The world of work is changing rapidly and requires vocational and higher education to provide new kind of competencies. Empowering Vietnamese VET Teachers for Transformation towards Education 4.0 (EMVITET) is a capacity building project which thrives to create inspiring student-centered and competence-based education in close connection with the work life.
Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK) is partnering with European universities and Vietnamese vocational and higher education institutions to bring together educational experts and contextual understanding for developing vocational and higher education in Vietnam.
EMVITET aims to create new learning ecosystem for education in Vietnam, based on student-centered learning, competence-based education, collaboration and networking in digital environments as well as sharing knowledge through communities of practice.
In EMVITET project, the participants will develop their competencies in the following areas:
- Pedagogy: Designing and implementing competence-based and student-centred learning to match the needs of industry 4.0
- Technology: Using technology effectively to enhance and transform teaching and learning practices towards Education 4.0
- Learning ecosystem: Engaging with communities within education and industry to create connections and to support collaboration
EMVITET project generates workshops and materials for teacher learning and builds up teachers’ new competencies. The new learning ecosystem enables vocational and higher education institutions to strengthen their educator and industry networks. Project also improves educational structures in order to provide relevant competencies for students, the future workforce in labour market. Vocational and higher education institutions operate productively with the world of work creating bridges and increasing the relevance of education.
EMVITET project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
Duration of the project: 15.1.2019-14.01.2022
Coordinating institution: Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK), Finland
Partner institutions and countries:
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education, Vietnam
- University of Technology and Education – University of Danang, Vietnam
- Lac Hong University, Vietnam
- Hue Industrial College, Vietnam
- College of Technology II, Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City Industry and Trade College, Vietnam
- Dublin City University, Ireland
- KU Leuven, Belgium
Welcome to visit our EMVITET project website for more information and news updates.