Hämeenlinna University Centre
Our evolving, growing and modern main campus, Hämeenlinna University Centre brings together thousands of students and hundreds of employees.
Our extensive campus area offers a wide range of facilities and services for studying and researching in different fields.
The Hämeenlinna University Centre has around 30 educations and is also the home campus of all HAMK’s research units. In addition, the campus is a great place to organize a variety of events for both internal and external actors, so the campus is often a hive of activity and activity.
The Innopark, a business cluster located right next to HAMK’s premises, also enables us to carry out various business cooperation projects.
The Hämeenlinna University Centre is located in the Visamäki district, close to highways 3 and 10, a few kilometres from the city centre. We are easy to reach by car, public transport or even by bike. The campus and its surroundings offer a variety of services, including a grocery store, lunch restaurants, a sports hall and student housing.
- Biotechnology and Food Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering (only in Finnish)
- Business Administration, Bachelor of Business Administration (only in Finnish)
- Construction and Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering (only in Finnish)
- Construction and Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Construction Management (only in Finnish)
- Nursing, Bachelor of Health Care (only in Finnish)
- Social Services, Bachelor of Social Services (only in Finnish)
- Public Health Nursing, Bachelor of Health Care (only in Finnish)
- Business Information Techology, Bachelor of Business Administration (only in Finnish)
- Smart and Sustainable Design, Bachelor of Culture and Arts (only in Finnish)
- Computer Applications, Bachelor of Business Administration
- Construction Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering
- Smart and Sustainable Design, Bachelor of Culture and Arts
- Bioeconomy Solutions, Master’s degree (only in Finnish)
- Digital services and processes for well-being, Master’s degree (only in Finnish)
- Crisis management in the social and health sector, Master’s degree (only in Finnish)
- Promoting wellbeing through culture and art activities, Master’s degree (only in Finnish)
- Business Development, Master’s degree (only in Finnish)
- Natural environments and promoting well-being, Master’s degree (only in Finnish)
- Social and Health Care Development, Leadership and Management, Master’s degree (only in Finnish)
- Strategic Leading of Technology-based Business, Master’s degree (only in Finnish)
- Information management and intelligent services, Master’s degree (only in Finnish)
- Management in Sustainable Business, Master’s degree programme
Addresses, directions and maps
Visiting address of the campus
- Vankanlähde 9, 13100, Hämeenlinna (main entrance)
- Building A: Visamäentie 35 A
- Building B: Visamäentie 35 B
- C, N and S buildings: Vankanlähde 9
- Building D: Vankanlähde 11
- E-building: Visamäentie 35 E
- H-building: Visakaarre 5
- K-building: Visakaarre 9
- O-Building: Vankanlähde 13
K-Market Visamäki is located right next to the campus.
The small shop offers a comprehensive range of products for people working on campus, living in nearby student apartments and other people moving around the Visamäki area. The store serves customers from early in the morning until late at night on weekdays and weekends.
Services include a convenient take-away menu, such as a generous salad bar, a frying point, sushi, hot soup and other snack products.
In addition, K-Market offers online pick-up and home delivery services as well as Post and Matkahuolto services.
Get to know the library services of the Hämeenlinna University Centre!
Opportunities for sport
The campus has its own sports hall and a well-equipped gym, which are available to students for the price of an affordable gym pass. The pass can be purchased for one semester or one year at a time. The pass entitles you to use the gym, which includes daily use of the gym from 6am to 10pm, guided fitness classes and trial sports courses, and ball games.
In addition, HAMK Moves has a contract with Hämeenlinna Padel King gym. Those who have purchased a gym pass are entitled to discounted bulk rates. More information about the pass and other Hämeenlinna sports benefits and their prices can be found on the HAMK Moves website.
There are a few different options for lunch and snacks in or near the Hämeenlinna University Centre.
Sodexo’s campus restaurant offers a delicious breakfast, a varied lunch and takeaway snack options every weekday. The cafeteria is complemented by a café with a comprehensive selection of hot and cold snacks.
The lunch menu offers several options at student and staff prices. Mostly hot home-cooked meals for mixed and vegetarians, soup lunches, salads and baguettes are available. All lunch options include a drink, side salad and bread. For a weekly changing menu and other restaurant updates, visit the Sodexo website.
Lunch is available Monday to Friday from 10.30-13.30
The café is open Monday to Friday from 07.45 to 16.00
Innopark’s lunch restaurant Kyökki offers a tasty buffet, soup and salad lunch every weekday. Each lunch option also includes a drink, side salad, bread, dessert and coffee or tea. In addition to lunch, you can also buy coffee and a small sweet or savoury snack at the Kyökki. The weekly changing menu and current prices are available on the Kyökki website.
Lunch is available Monday to Friday from 10.30-13.30
The café is open Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 15.00
In addition to more traditional lunch options, there is also a Greek restaurant, Hellenic Pizza & Lunch. A rich buffet lunch is available on weekdays and a daily á la carte menu offers Greek delicacies and pizza baked in a stone oven.
For opening hours and more information, visit the restaurant’s website.
All enrolled university students pursuing a degree who are registered for attendance receive primary health care services through the YTHS.
Student Union and Student Association
Our unique forest campus offers students high quality forest studies in Finnish and English, both in the classroom and in the forest.
Our Forssa campus is located in an old cotton mill, which has been stylishly renovated for HAMK. A cultural centre has been created in the spinning mill area, which, in addition to the school, is home to a community college, a music college, museums, businesses, a library, a bowling alley and restaurants.
Our evolving, growing and modern main campus, Hämeenlinna University Centre brings together thousands of students and hundreds of employees. Our extensive campus area offers a wide range of facilities and services for studying and research in different fields.
With farm landscapes, tomato production and 20 hectares of parkland, our Lepaa campus gives you a taste of horticulture up close. The campus has a long tradition of training horticultural professionals for over 100 years, since 1910.
Historic Mustiala, located in a peaceful rural setting, is HAMK’s oldest campus, dating back to 1840. Today, the old and idyllic buildings are surrounded by an advanced organic teaching and research farm, providing students with a hands-on learning environment.
Diverse engineering skills, robotics and transport, you’ll find it all at the Riihimäki campus. The campus offers both Finnish- and English-language engineering courses, graduating future all-rounders. In addition to teaching, the campus also does a lot of research work.
A truly international learning environment can be found in Valkeakoski! Located in the South-Pirkanmaa region of Finland, our Valkeakoski campus is modern and community-oriented.