Privacy notice: Fee-based service operations
Privacy notice: Fee-based service operations: joint informative document for data subjects (Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation [2016/679]).
Purposes of processing personal data
The register contains the participant and study attainment data of participants.
The register is used for the following purposes:
- participant data
- study attainment data
- contact and invoicing details of collaboration partners/background organisations
- collecting statutory statistical data (Statistics Act 280/2004 [changed 361/2013]).
- data required by the funders of trainings
- data required for planning and implementing trainings and projects.
If the person gives his/her consent to receive HAMK or HAMI marketing communication, the processing of personal data related to this is described in the privacy notice of marketing.
Legal basis for processing
The processing of personal data is based on the execution of a contract / an agreement.
Furthermore, processing is based on the Finnish Statistics Act 280/2004 (changed 361/2013)
Personal data content and retention periods of the register
|Data category name
|First name, last name
|Date of birth
|For statutory statistical purposes:
|Completed tasks during studies if the online learning environment was used in the training
|1 vuosi koulutuksen päättymisestä
|Invoicing information (from persons paying themselves)
|Special diet (in some trainings)
|For the duration of the training
The register contains the following:
- persons participating in HAMK continuing education
- background organisations of the persons participating in continuing education
- personnel of HAMK and HAMI.
Regular sources of data
- data subjects themselves
- employer or training customer
- HAMK personnel may edit information.
Regular disclosures of data
- reporting data required by the funders of trainings
- data required for statutory statistical purposes (Statistics Act 280/2004 [changed 361/2013]).
Report and statistical data does not include individual-level information.
- If necessary, data may be disclosed to background organisations of the persons participating in trainings (ordered organisation-specific trainings).
Principles of data protection of the register
A Manual material
Possible manual material and necessary personal data forms may be retained in a locked room for the period determined by the funder of the training.
B Data processed through automated data processing
Data is stored in an information system. Users have personal user IDs. Access is granted only to those persons working for the data controller who are entitled to access and use the data in the system in order to perform their duties.
The connection is protected by an official SSL certificate (HTTPS).
The lawful processing of personal data is ensured by categorisation of data and with operating methods that are in compliance with the data handling rules concerning data set.
No automated decision-making is performed on the recorded data.
Transfer of data outside the EU or EEA
No data is transferred outside the EU or EEA.
Rights of the data subject
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) provides the data subject with the following rights:
The data subject shall have the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time. (Article 7)
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed. The data subject shall have the right to access to the personal data concerning him or her. Where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, the data controller may charge a fee or refuse to act on the request. (Article 12 and Article 15)
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the data controller the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her contained in the register (Article 16). A request for rectification shall be submitted in writing. Persons in an employment relationship (with HAMK or HAMI) are able to do rectification suggestions concerning their recorded working hours, which are then approved by their supervisor or salary administration personnel.
The data subject shall have the right to request the erasure of personal data concerning him or her where one of the following grounds applies (Article 17):
- the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
- the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- the data subject objects to the processing, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing (Article 21);
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject.
The data subject shall have the right to obtain restriction of processing where one of the following applies (Article 18):
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- the data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
Where the processing is based on consent and carried out by automated means, the data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a data controller, in a machine-readable format. (Article 20)
Requests to exercise these rights are to be submitted:
Häme University of Applied Sciences Ltd
Data protection officer
P.O. Box 230 (Visamäentie 35A)
FI-13101 Hämeenlinna, Finland
The data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman.
Häme University of Applied Sciences Ltd and Häme Vocational Institute Ltd
P.O. Box 230 (Visamäentie 35A), FI-13101 Hämeenlinna
Telephone: +358 3 6461, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person of the register
Data protection officer
Häme University of Applied Sciences Ltd
data protection officer
P.O. Box 230