Privacy notice: Fee-based service operations
Fee-based service operations
Privacy notice: Fee-based service operations: joint informative document for data subjects (Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation [2016/679]).
Purposes of processing personal data
The register contains the participant and study attainment data of participants.
The register is used for the following purposes:
- participant data
- study attainment data
- contact and invoicing details of collaboration partners/background organisations
- collecting statutory statistical data (Statistics Act 280/2004 [changed 361/2013]).
- data required by the funders of trainings
- data required for planning and implementing trainings and projects.
If the person gives his/her consent to receive HAMK or HAMI marketing communication, the processing of personal data related to this is described in the privacy notice of marketing. https://www.hamk.fi/muut/Documents/Tietosuojailmoitus%20Markkinointi.pdf
Legal basis for processing
The processing of personal data is based on the execution of a contract / an agreement.
Furthermore, processing is based on the Finnish Statistics Act 280/2004 (changed 361/2013)
Personal data content and retention periods of the register
|Data category name||Retention period|
|First name, last name||15 years|
|Date of birth||15 years|
|E-mail address||15 years|
|Contact details||15 years|
For statutory statistical purposes:
|Trainings participated:||15 years|
|Completed tasks during studies if the online learning environment was used in the training||1 year from the end of the traning|
|Invoicing information (from persons paying themselves)||10 years|
|Job title||15 years|
|Special diet (in some trainings)||For the duration of the training|
|Native language||15 years|
The register contains the following:
- persons participating in HAMK continuing education
- background organisations of the persons participating in continuing education
- personnel of HAMK and HAMI.
Regular sources of data
- data subjects themselves
- employer or training customer
- HAMK personnel may edit information.
Regular disclosures of data
- reporting data required by the funders of trainings
- data required for statutory statistical purposes (Statistics Act 280/2004 [changed 361/2013]).
Report and statistical data does not include individual-level information.
- If necessary, data may be disclosed to background organisations of the persons participating in trainings (ordered organisation-specific trainings).
Principles of data protection of the register
A Manual material
Possible manual material and necessary personal data forms may be retained in a locked room for the period determined by the funder of the training.
B Data processed through automated data processing
Data is stored in an information system. Users have personal user IDs. Access is granted only to those persons working for the data controller who are entitled to access and use the data in the system in order to perform their duties.
The connection is protected by an official SSL certificate (HTTPS).
The lawful processing of personal data is ensured by categorisation of data and with operating methods that are in compliance with the data handling rules concerning data set.
No automated decision-making is performed on the recorded data.
Transfer of data outside the EU or EEA
No data is transferred outside the EU or EEA.